I have real reasons to be happy about my excursion on Saturday. I have a great friend. My co-workers are super cool. But that’s not how gender fog works with me. Instead, it keeps me up all night thinking about things like this:
- I’ve lost so much weight! I wonder if I’m a 38C or a 36D.
- That guy who held the door for me totally didn’t read me. I bet nobody did!
- I definitely fit in with all those cute tourist women. I was prettier than a lot of them.
- I could rock the dress that woman was wearing on the subway yesterday.
- Would the brown skirt I bought go better with a black top or a white one?
- I so want to go out in that green dress. Maybe this weekend. Can I get the time off?
- Makeup is such a pain. I wonder how much laser costs.
- Can I really wear a strappy sundress? I’d definitely need to get rid of my T-shirt tan lines first.
- I could have gone to work in a dress yesterday. No, maybe that wouldn’t be a good idea. Well, at least I could’ve gone to the coffee shop in a dress. Who cares what my neighbors think?
- Is my video camera good enough to make a haul video?
You look great, as usual, but that soft focus gives me flashbacks to pre-LASIK days.
Ha! Another illustration that the glamour response is individual and personal. Thanks!
Comments are closed.